Our main goals are to help you prevent falls and teach safe alternatives to common movements. We believe social interaction and maintaining an active lifestyle are critical to your quality of life. The class focuses on musculoskeletal issues related to aging. If we find that your balance issues are vestibular, we can help refer you to a physician that can help.
STRENGTH & FLEXIBILITY
During each class we will have a dedicated time to improve total body strength while incorporating flexibility. Emphasis is placed on:
- Core Strength - Hip Stabilization
- Range of Motion - Functional Strength
- Proprioception and Muscle Memory
Participants will improve their endurance through our cardiovascular conditioning.
Some of the equipment that we use during class are hand weights, exercise balls, therapeutic bands/tubing, and your own body weight.
Our class members become like family and we would love for you to join us!
· B.S. in Exercise Physiology from West Virginia University
· Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association
· 20+ years experience in health & wellness, outpatient physical therapy, post rehab, and strength & conditioning
About the class:
· Better Balance is a 45-minute class that is held twice per week, and is included as part of a GBC Wellness Center membership.
· Participants complete a 30-minute evaluation prior to joining the class. Instructors will assess strength, balance, walking, and activities of daily living.
· Every 6 months, participants will complete a 30-minute reassessment. (Assessments are a separate fee.)
· Instructors will keep an open line of communication with your physician to discuss any issues.
Join us on Mondays and Wednesdays at 12:45pm.
Free for Members/ $5 for guests
Insurance may cover your membership!
Contact us today for more details!